Innovations in the world of airbags shown at the 15th International Symposium and exhibition on sophisticated car safety systems
More than 450 international experts in the field of sophisticated car safety systems exchanged views on product innovations and new trends from industry, research and development at the Airbag Symposium 2022 in Mannheim from 28 to 30 November. The symposium was complemented by a top-class trade exhibition with 26 exhibitors.
The following topics were considered from different angles, with great expertise and a sound insight into current issues:
- Global challenges and requirements as EURO NCAP of passive and active safety systems
- Current system challenges for side impact protection, deep oblique crash and rollover crashes and their answers
- Tools and methods in the field of gas generators and airbag systems for integrated safety
- New component technologies in the field of gas generator propellants, airbag-fabrics and inflator safe service life
- Signal processing and algorithms for autonomous vehicle handling, automated emergency steering, occupant safety solutions, and real time injury risk index estimation
- New systems for future occupant safety
- Passive safety aspects and new applications for autonomous driving
The organizers of the Fraunhofer Institute for Chemical Technology ICT, were delighted with the intensive and good exchange: Long-time chairman Dr. Bernd Hefer, quoted: "Once again it was shown that there is no substitute for a face-to-face event where the global experts come together for an open exchange of opinions and to present their innovations," The newly appointed Chairman Dr. Lars-Fredrik Berg added: "I was pleasantly surprised to see how open minded and familiar the airbag community is when it comes to an open exchange. The atmosphere at the Conference Center in Rosengarten, Mannheim was excellent".
The top-class program committee with Volkswagen AG, Mercedes-Benz AG, Autoliv B.V. & Co. KG, AUDI AG, Joyson Safety Systems GmbH, Continental Automotive GmbH, Robert Bosch GmbH, ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Ingenieurbüro Spies, Karlsruhe Institute of Technology KIT and Fraunhofer Institute for Chemical Technology ICT are already preparing an exciting symposium for 2024.
We look forward to welcoming you to Mannheim in 2024 for the 16th Symposium and exhibition on sophisticated car safety systems 25.- 27. November!
If you would like to experience a thorough walk-trough of the exhibition you can visit our YouTube chanel.