Symposium & Ausstellung / 28.11.2016 - 30.11.2016
13th International Symposium & Exhibition on Sophisticated Car Occupant Safety Systems
Road safety is still a key concern for all the sectors involved, including car manufacturers, suppliers and regulators. Developments in vehicle and road user safety emphasize integral safety through the fusion of active and passive safety systems. Although the benefits are well known to experts, there is clearly a need for close cooperation between all interested parties. The 13th AIRBAG 2000+ Symposium in 2016 will again be a meeting place for engineers, scientists, legislators, managers and marketing experts to exchange information, to make and improve contacts, to stimulate further progress and to promote integral safety for road users on an impartial platform.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Chemical Technology ICT is the leading independent research and development facility for airbag technology and testing. As a division of Fraunhofer, Europe’s largest organization for applied and contract research, the Fraunhofer ICT offers a unique event for the automobile industry, suppliers and public authorities.
- Symposium with invited lectures by leading experts
- Technical and scientific poster session – open for your contribution
- Expanded exhibition
- Legislation framework on car occupant safety
- Autonomous driving and traffic safety
- Accident studies
- Integrated safety
- Rear seat safety
- Airbag technology, trends and new developments
- Sensor systems
- Injuries, medical aspects
- Risks, statistics
- Crash behavior
- Safety-related issues of alternative drive systems
- Quality, reliability, service life
- Gas generators and inflators for integral safety systems
- Vision: the ultimate approach to passenger safety
All lectures are based on invited papers. Other technical and scientific contributions can be made via poster presentations along with written manuscripts, which will be included in the proceedings. These contributions will be at the cutting edge of technical development. Purely commercial presentations will be assigned to the exhibition.
Poster authors will be registered as participants and will be charged the registration fee.
Please submit your poster title, a 300-word abstract and the name(s) of the author(s) by April 29th, 2016 to the symposium organizer.
A limited number of booths are available to present commercial applications. Exhibition space will be sold on a first-come-firstserved basis. Please contact the organizer as early as possible to make your reservation (the final deadline is April 29, 2016).
- Jens Bosch (Volkswagen AG)
- Prof. Dr. Peter Elsner (Fraunhofer ICT, Chairman)
- Michael Fehring (Daimler AG)
- Wolfgang Hötter (AUDI AG)
- Dr. Ralf Schnupp (Continental Corp.)
- Adam McNeill (BMW AG)
- Clemens Willke (Robert Bosch GmbH)
- Thomas Miodek (Porsche AG)
- Heiko Ruck (Takata AG)
- Dirk Schultz (ZF TRW)
- Hans Spies (Ingenieurbüro Spies)
- Jörg Szilagyi (Autoliv B.V. & Co. KG)
Chairman of the Program Committee
- Prof. Dr.-Ing. Peter Elsner (Fraunhofer ICT)
Chairman of the Symposium
- Dr. Jochen Neutz (Fraunhofer ICT)
- Mario Hurtado Artozon (SEAT, Martorell, E)
- Farid Bendjellal (Britax Childcare, Ulm, D)
- Alan Charles (ACE Consultancy, Winsford, GB)
- Dr. Karl-Friedrich Ziegahn (Karlsruhe Institute of Technology KIT, D)