Conference & Exhibition / 30.11.2020 - 2.12.2020
15th International Symposium & accompanying Exhibition on Sophisticated Car Safety Systems
The safety of all road users is a growing concern worldwide, while transportation faces a multitude of challenges but also opportunities such as new drive technologies or automated driving. Within this fast developing field, information is the key enabler of innovation and cutting-edge technology to maintain and improve road safety. The 15th AIRBAG 2000+ Symposium in 2020 will again be the meeting place for engineers, scientists, legislators, managers and marketing experts to exchange information, to make and improve contacts, to stimulate further progress and to promote integral safety for road users on an impartial platform.
The Fraunhofer Institute for Chemical Technology ICT is an independent research and development facility for airbag technology and testing. As a division of Fraunhofer, Europe’s largest organization for applied and contract research, the Fraunhofer ICT offers a unique event for the automobile industry, suppliers and public authorities.
- Symposium with invited lectures
- Technical and scientific poster session – open for your contribution
- Expanded exhibition
by world-leading experts from OEM, suppliers, universities
and public authorities
- Legislation framework on car occupant safety
- Autonomous driving and traffic safety
- Accident studies, injuries and medical aspects
- Integrated safety
- Gas generators and inflators for integral safety systems
- Airbag technology, trends, new developments and application
- Sensor systems
- Performance characterization of systems and components
- Modelling and simulation
- Crash behavior
- Safety-related issues of alternative drive systems
- Quality, reliability
- Environmental simulation and service life prediction
- Vision: the ultimate approach to passenger safety
All lectures are based on invited papers. Other technical and scientific contributions can be made via poster presentations along with written manuscripts, which will be included in the proceedings. These contributions will be at the cutting edge of technical development. Purely commercial presentations will be assigned to the exhibition.
Poster authors will be registered as participants and will be charged the registration fee.
Please submit your poster title, a 300-word abstract and the name(s) of the author(s) by May 4th, 2020 to the symposium organizer Manuela Wolff.
A limited number of booths are available to present commercial applications. Exhibition space will be sold on a first-come-firstserved basis. Please contact the organizer Vera Keplinger as early as possible to make your reservation. The final deadline is May 4th, 2020.
- Pedro Almeida (Volkswagen AG)
- Michael Fehring (Daimler AG)
- Helge Grasshoff (Continental Automotive GmbH)
- Carsten Gruber (Robert Bosch GmbH)
- Joachim Lodemann (Autoliv B.V. & Co. KG)
- Adam McNeill (BMW AG)
- Thomas Miodek (Porsche AG)
- Dr. Jochen Neutz (Joyson Safety Systems)
- Dirk Schultz (ZF Friedrichshafen AG)
- Dr. Bodo Specht (AUDI AG)
- Hans Spies (Ingenieurbüro Spies)
- Dr. Karl-Friedrich Ziegahn (Karlsruher Institute of Technology, KIT)
Chairman of the Program Committee
- Prof. Dr. Peter Elsner (Fraunhofer ICT)
Moderator of the Symposium
- Dr. Bernd Hefer (Fraunhofer ICT)